Re: [IBIS-Users] Bus Switch IBIS Models

From: Mike LaBonte <milabont@cisco.com>
Date: Fri Oct 22 2010 - 08:03:55 PDT

More exactly, IBIS does not have time profile data to model the transition
of a series switch between on and off states. It is certainly possible to
convert the IBIS series switch model data to a circuit model using table
elements, in which a control signal makes the switch transition dynamically
from on to off and vice-versa. The switching time profile would have to be
set by the control signal. I believe the Cadence implementation works this
way, but I have heard of only one instance of someone using the capability
(experimentally).

I agree with Tim that automation of [Series Switch Groups] and on/off
control at the EDA tool end is lacking. I think Tim is asking the right
question, ³does anyone really need it?²

Mike