[IBIS-Users] RE: [IBIS] RE: [ibis-macro] BIRD 122 Sample SPICE Deck posted

From: Walter Katz <wkatz@sisoft.com>
Date: Tue Dec 21 2010 - 11:34:29 PST

Arpad,

BIRD 122 clearly defines the need for IBIS to enhance analog modeling for
high speed SerDes (AMI) modeling. There is a clear desire for additional
capabilities for analog modeling by finishing the IBIS ISS specification,
by allowing ISS External Models, and allowing AMI parameter selection to
control External Models. SiSoft has no objection to this approach, as long
as the proposed enhancements in BIRDs 116-119 do satisfy the minimal
requirements described in BIRD 122. SiSoft will like to table any further
discussions and actions on BIRD 122 until closure is achieved on IBIS ISS
and BIRDs 116-119.

Walter