[IBIS-Users] Email list for IBIS SerDes Back-Channel discussion

From: Mike LaBonte <milabont@cisco.com>
Date: Fri Jan 14 2011 - 10:09:16 PST

A new email list for IBIS SerDes Back-Channel discussion has been created
with the approval of the
IBIS Open Forum, at the request of Walter Katz, who provides this

SerDes channel specifications now include backchannel communications from
the Rx SerDes receiver to the Tx SerDes receiver to enable automatic and
dynamic optimization of Tx and Rx operational settings. The current
implementation of IBIS AMI models does not support the ability of an Rx
model to control the operation of a Tx model. The IBIS AMI methodology
will have to be enhanced to allow the Rx DLL to communicate with the EDA
Tool, and the Tx DLL. This will define the communication method. A second
layer of backchannel communications will depend on the details of the
specific backchannel protocol.

The goal of this reflector is to determine the best mechanism that EDA
Vendors can support, and create a structure so that bus standards
committees can develop specific protocols.

Several EDA Vendors and IC Vendors have AMI backchannel implementations.
We invite the members of this reflector to introduce their ideas on how to
implement backchannel in AMI modeling. We also would like to invite
representatives of channel standards committees to this reflector.

Both Sigrity and SiSoft will be giving presentations at the IBIS Summit
during DesignCon on February 3.

The new list address is ibis-serdes-backchan@freelsists.org

You must be subscribed to post to the list. To subscribe send email to

ibis-serdes-backchan-request@freelists.org
with 'subscribe' in the Subject field

Or, subscribe online at http://www.freelists.org/list/ibis-serdes-backchan

Or, send a subscription request to me.