RE: [IBIS-Users] IBIS [Add Submodel] workaround

From: Justin Butterfield (jdbutterfiel) <jdbutterfiel@micron.com>
Date: Thu Mar 03 2011 - 07:11:38 PST

Petar,

To remove the use of a Non-Driving Submodel for ODT, you can first
change the Model_Type to Input. Then delete all the output parameters
and keywords. And finally, add the Current data for the Model [GND
Clamp] to the Submodel [GND Clamp] and add the Model [POWER Clamp] to
the Submodel [POWER Clamp].

If the Voltage points do not match between the Model and the Submodel
curves, then the last step may not be straight forward. If your signals
do not reach the rails (this is likely the case if you are using ODT),
then as an approximation you should be able to simply replace the [GND
Clamp] and [POWER Clamp] data from the Model with that from the
Submodel. Although, depending on your data this may result in
non-monotonic curves.

Thanks,

Justin

P.S. If you are using one of Micron's models, contact me offline and we
may be able to modify one for you as an example.