RE: [IBIS-Users] How is the switching edge response implemented in IBIS

From: Muniswara Reddy Vorugu <Muniswarareddy.Vorugu@arm.com>
Date: Tue Apr 19 2011 - 21:24:01 PDT

Hi Yuancheng,
Generally Rise and Fall edges are determined with 2-VT tables(different Fixtures) using 2e-2q( 2 equations and two coefficient algorithm).
The correctness of this equation is not based on the Rise/fall time, but on the design.

1: Sometimes having 3/4 VT tables for each rise/fall help get better accuracy. When driver are big and Miller cap ( PAD to Gates) is High.
But that is dependents on your simulation tool. As I know HSPICE-2009 and above can handle Multiple VT tables.

2: If there is feedback circuit controlling the slew at the PAD, then you need to look at IBIS-AMS options.

These are few reasons I know. Understand the algorithm and your design.

Regards,
Muniswara