[IBIS-Users] pulse width of IBIS model response

From: ji xiao <xiaoji86@gmail.com>
Date: Wed Apr 20 2011 - 09:11:44 PDT

Dear All,
Thanks for your replies for my previous question! This time I got a new
question about the pulse width of IBIS models.
Since IBIS model does not include the propagation delay of the driver, it
always has shorter time delay than SPICE model. And if we give a pulse
input, at the rising edge, IBIS did rise faster than SPICE, but at the
falling edge, it nearly falls *at the same time* with SPICE model, i.e., the
total pulse width of IBIS response is wider than the SPICE response.
It is easy to understand the faster response at the first switching edge
(rise edge), but why it is not the same at the second switching edge (fall
edge)? Is it also related to the threshold voltage defined by different
simulation tool?
Thanks and regards,

Yuancheng