[IBIS-Users] RE: [IBIS] Multi level IBIS model development (Ethernet)

From: Muranyi, Arpad <Arpad_Muranyi@mentor.com>
Date: Wed Apr 27 2011 - 08:40:25 PDT

Vishrant,

IBIS generally doesn't support multi-level signaling,

unless you use the language extensions (*-AMS or SPICE)

to make your models.

However, if you are lucky, you may be able to model this

particular device. The question is whether that "0" in

the middle is "driven" or high impedance. If the latter,

you can make the pullup reference your high level and

pull up to it with a pullup I-V table, and the pulldown

reference a negative voltage and pull down to it with

the pulldown I-V table, and let the model go 3-state

when it needs to output a 0 V level. Even if this 0 V

level is not high-Z, you could use the clamp tables to

hold it firm, and add that much more current to the PU/PD

I-V tables to make the signal go high or low.

This is a little tricky and may not work, but there might

be a possibility...

I hope this helps,

Arpad