RE: [IBIS-Users] IBIS Model Usage:

From: Muranyi, Arpad <Arpad_Muranyi@mentor.com>
Date: Mon May 09 2011 - 22:51:23 PDT

Muniswara,

Most simulators have easy to use selection capabilities

from the various corner options in an IBIS file. If you

separate the corners into independent files, you may lose

these options and the user of your IBIS models may have

to do more manual work to switch between corners. The

limitation is that you can have no more than three corners

in one [Model]. On the other hand, if you use [Model Selector],

you could practically have an unlimited number of corners

in the same IBIS file.

Some complications could arise from the fact that not all

parameters in an IBIS file track each other and finding

a solution space may require more than just three simulations,

one for each corner.

Some more complex buffers may have internal compensation

features to reduce the spread between the corners, and

models of these buffers may have unintuitive typ/min/max

data in the IBIS file.

These are just a few of the many questions revolving around

corners in IBIS models. I am sure you will get more answers

from others on this list on this topic.

Arpad