Re: [IBIS-Users] DDR4 simulations using IBIS models

From: Gregory R Edlund <gedlund@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue May 10 2011 - 10:37:56 PDT

Ray,

I haven't simulated DDR4 myself, but I have similar experience. I would
use a w-element with a lumped C to represent the package via, pad, and
solder ball. Try 25 um line width, 60 um edge-to-edge spacing, Er = 3.3,
and tand = 0.02. That should get you in the ball park.

I've been using s-parameter models for circuit board vias for some years
now.

Greg Edlund
Senior Engineer
Signal Integrity and System Timing