Re: [IBIS-Users] IBIS Model Usage:

From: Lynne D. Green <lgreen22@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue May 10 2011 - 14:03:31 PDT

Hi, Arpad,

True, only typ values are required.

What I intended to say was that corner data, if
available, goes in the same [Model] and file. And
that the other two columns must have entries, even
if these are just NA.

[Note to modelers]
* To create a separate min or max IBIS model
requires a different model name. There are known
"bad" options: a) Keep typ data, and replace one
NA column with data values. b) Reduce "typ"
column to two entries, with NA for intermediate
points, and replace one NA column with data
values. c) Create 3 files with only "typ" data
(each file a different physical corner).
* This BREAKS automated tool flow, since [Pin] can
assign only one model to an I/O.
* Also, any of these methods can quickly become a
can of worms (= completely unmanageable) for model
users. And a rat hole (= much time wasted) for
whoever supports (created) that model.

Cheers,
Lynne