[IBIS-Users] Requesting for some help / information regarding the use of IBIS in SI simulation.

From: <Chee.Kiang.Chua@continental-corporation.com>
Date: Mon May 30 2011 - 21:53:32 PDT

Hello,

A very good morning to everyone!

My name is C.k.Chua.
I am writing to request for some help / information regarding the use of
IBIS in SI simulation.

I am relatively new to IBIS. While using IBIS models for SI simulation, I
come across some “features” in the IBIS file that I do not know how I can
make use of the information. Please help me with the following queries
that I have:

(1) I wish to perform SI simulation on the differential signal but there
are no models assigned to the pins. Instead the values for R_pin, L_pin
and C_pin are given. (as below)

Query:

(1-1) Can I make use of the values of R_pin, L_pin and C_pin given to
perform SI simulation?

(1-2) How do I make use of the values of R_pin, L_pin and C_pin given to
perform SI simulation?

(2) While trying to import models, I come across “series model” (as below)

Query:

(2-1) May I know what is Series Model and how do I make use of series
model.

MANY THANKS in advance and appreciate your time for reading my mail.

Best Wishes and Have a Nice Day Ahead!
C.K.Chua