Re: [IBIS-Users] Requesting for some help / information regarding the use of IBIS in SI simulation.

From: Andrew Ingraham <a.ingraham@ieee.org>
Date: Tue May 31 2011 - 16:48:22 PDT

Yes.

I am usually tempted to start with an evenly distributed RLC model ...
unless I have reason to think that the distribution is otherwise. For
example, wirebonds might have most of the inductance and resistance,
whereas the leadframe may have more capacitance, which might influence
one to imbalance those factors unequally between die end and pin end.
But without hard data to back it up, that is just guessing.

Andy