[IBIS-Users] IV clamp range

From: Ghatawade, Vinayak <vinayak@ti.com>
Date: Fri Jun 10 2011 - 00:00:07 PDT

Hello,

I have question reagarding the IV sweep ranges used for IBIS IV table generation.
Cookbook does not have detailed sweep range for all corners specified explicitly.
The reason that I am asking this question is we have IV table which has cross-overs for nom, strong and weak corners.
In spice I see this behavior which is expected as per diode behavior since the corners are temp variable as well.
Weak will turn on (125c) first and then followed by nom (25) and strong (-40c). This results in the crossover.
Some customers are not willing to have these crossover (not sure why?). But I feel since this is real behavior you should see the same
reflected in the ibis model.

Do you see a reason why IV crossovers are not allowed (recommended). I did not see any checklist or parser giving out any warning /error due this this.

Going back to the sweep voltage range when I see this crossover in spice (I sweep voltages as mentioned in cookbook) and report the strong, weak to fit in the
typical range voltage axis in the ibis model.

Ex 1.8V IO below is the numbers that I use for IV sweep range.

Sweep range that I use for typ
-1.8 to 3.6

Min/weak will be
-1.962 to 3.428