Re: [IBIS-Users] IV clamp range

From: Mike LaBonte <milabont@cisco.com>
Date: Fri Jun 10 2011 - 07:59:22 PDT

I concur with Arpad. The IBIS Quality 2.0 spec mentions this briefly:

5.3.1. {LEVEL 2} I-V tables have correct typ/min/max order

Inspect every I-V table. Check for proper order of the I-V tables. The order
of the column values in
the table must be:

VOLTAGE, Typical Current, Minimum Current, Maximum Current

In most cases the Maximum current should be greater than the Typical
current, which should be
greater than the Minimum current, in the active region (e.g., where device
is not clamping). The
most common exception is for compensated devices, where the Typical,
Minimum, and Maximum
curves may nearly overlay each other. Also, [POWER Clamp] curves may exhibit
crossovers due
to differences in the voltages at which clamping begins.

This check is easily accomplished by viewing the curves and checking
visually. Checking
combined curves is preferred, but checking of individual curves is
acceptable.

( http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/quality_wip/)

My philosophy is that when it comes to models real behavior is always
acceptable :)

Mike