[IBIS-Users] European IBIS Summit at SPI 2012 - Fourth Call for Papers/Participation

From: Bob Ross <bob@teraspeed.com>
Date: Fri Apr 27 2012 - 08:15:13 PDT

(re-sent due to possible IBIS e-mail reflector issues)

All:

We are holding the 15th European IBIS Summit Meeting along with the
16th IEEE Workshop on Signal and Power Integrity (SPI 2012),
formerly Signal Propagation and Interconnects) on Wednesday,
May 16, 2012 in Sorrento, Italy.

The purpose is to promote communication among users and developers of
IBIS models in Europe.

The meeting is FREE and OPEN to everyone.

Below is some information on the IBIS Summit and the SPI2012 Workshop.

You are invited to register and also to submit presentation proposals.
We already plan for several topics listed below.

Antonio Girardi
Micron Technology

Lance Wang
IO Methodology
www.iometh.com

                  European IBIS Summit at SPI 2012
            Fourth Call for Participation and Presentations

       http://www.eda.org/ibis/summits/may12/announcement.pdf

      E U R O P E A N I B I S S U M M I T M E E T I N G

Time/Date: 13:00 - 18:00, Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Location: Parco dei Principi - Sorrento Hotel

http://www.royalgroup.it/eng/parco_dei_principi_hotel_sorrento/
               Via Rota, 1, 80067 Sorrento (NA) Italy

               Tel. + 39 081 8784644 Fax + 39 081 8783786

Meeting-Room: Leonardo Room (check at Hotel)

Content: Presentations and Discussions

Purpose: Solicit and Exchange IBIS Model Related Information
               and Ideas

Sponsors: Micron Technology, Nokia Siemens Network and Zuken

               If your company would be interested in sponsoring this
               event, please contact Bob Ross bob@teraspeed.com

SPI 2012: May 13 - 16, 2012.
Location: Grand Hotel Parco dei Principi - Sorrento, Italy
Program: http://www.spi2012.org/images/SPI2012_preprogram.pdf
Registration: http://www.spi2012.org/?who=registration

BACKGROUND

  We have had successful IBIS meeting along the DATe conference
  for many years, and more recently the IEEE Workshop on Signal
  Propagation on Interconnects.

  This meeting will be conducted as a formal IBIS Summit Meeting.
  Presentations are expected to be available and archived in an
  electronic format, and minutes of the meeting will be issued.

  The meeting is FREE and OPEN to everyone. Refreshments & coffee
  breaks are planned.

CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS

  People involved in IBIS Model development, EDA tool development,
  and digital circuit design are invited to participate. If you
  want to participate, please register with the information below:

    Name:
    E-mail address:
    Company:
    Telephone:

  Send to BOTH:

  Antonio Girardi (agirardi@micron.com)
  Lance Wang (lwang@iometh.com)

  Deadline: May 9, 2012

CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS

  We are seeking presentations from individuals who have IBIS
  experiences or issues. Some suggested subjects of interest are:

  - IBIS Model Development Experiences
  - Company IBIS Standards and Requirements
  - Generating & Validating IBIS Models
  - Future IBIS Developments and Requirements (e.g., IBIS-AMI)
  - Modeling of dedicated technology issues (e.g., connectors,
    and very high speed interfaces)
  - EMC/EMI and Power Integrity Issues
  - Related modeling issues (e.g., SPICE, S-Parameter modeling)
  - Experiences using IBIS in the PCB Design process

  Format of Presentation: LCD Projections
  Time: 15-30 Minutes

  Electronic Archival:
  We require electronic versions for so they can be archived and
  also made available to non-attendees.

  We prefer Power Point or Acrobat formats.

  Please send presentations for processing and brief review.
  Otherwise please bring 20 copies to the meeting.

  If you plan a presentation, please supply:

    Title:
    Presenter:
    E-mail address:
    Company:
    Telephone:
    Estimated Time:

  Send this to BOTH:

  Lance Wang (lwang@iometh.com)
  Bob Ross (bob@teraspeed.com)

  Deadline: May 4, 2012

  Note, Vendor-specific or product promotional material is forbidden
  at IBIS Summits. We strongly advise that the presentations be
  submitted by the deadline for review. The IBIS Open Forum reserves
  the right to stop or reject a scheduled presentation that has not
  been reviewed.

AGENDA

  The agenda includes presentations, discussions, breaks and
  refreshments. This will be developed as presentation proposals
  are received. Topics planned so farinclude these tenative titles:

  University of Illinois and Cadence Design Systems
    IBIS Modeling Using Latency Insertion Method (LIM)

  Teraspeed Consulting Group
    IBIS in Academia Update

  Universite Europeene de Bretagne, Universite de Brest and
  Politecnico di Torino
    Versatile Surrogate Models for IC Buffers

  Politecnico di Torino
    S-Parameter Qualification and Model Extraction

  STMicroelectronics
    SSO Noise and Conducted EMI: Modeling, Analysis, and Design
    Solutions

  IO Methodology and Micron Technology
    DDR4 IBIS Power Integrity Simulation

  Micron Semiconductor Italia S.r.l.
    Impact of Accurate PDN Model on IBIS SI and PI Simulations

  Nokia Siemens Networks AG
    First Experiences with Using IBIS-AMI Models

LIST OF NEARBY HOTELS AND TRANSPORTATION TO SORRENTO

  http://www.spi2012.org/?who=accomodation
  http://www.spi2012.org/?who=transportation

Bob Ross
Teraspeed Consulting Group, LCC
http://www.teraspeed.com
bob@teraspeeed.com
Direct : 503-246-8048
Teraspeed Labs: 503-430-1065
Headquarters: 401-284-1827
Teraspeed is a registered service mark of Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC