[IBIS-Users] RE: On-die decap modeling in IBIS 5.1

From: Rinsha Reghunath <Rinsha.Raghunath@synopsys.com>
Date: Fri Jul 12 2013 - 08:42:09 PDT
Thanks a lot Randy for your help.

Regards,
Rinsha

From: Randy Wolff (rrwolff) [mailto:rrwolff@micron.com]
Sent: Friday, July 12, 2013 12:33 AM
To: Rinsha Reghunath
Cc: 'ibis-users'; ibis@eda.org
Subject: RE: On-die decap modeling in IBIS 5.1

Hi Rinsha,

For Micron's power-aware IBIS models, I've chosen to include a separate Spice subcircuit for the on-die decoupling.  The model user is then expected to hook this model up in simulation.  The reason for that is I wanted to include a frequency dependent model more complex than a simple RC series model.  So, I use HSPICE to characterize the on-die decoupling in an S-parameter sweep.  Then, I convert the S-parameter into a broadband-Spice model.

I have an example of this that is publicly available for download.  The model is for an LPDDR2 memory device and can be found at: http://www.micron.com/~/media/Documents/Products/Sim%20Model/DRAM/LPDDR2/u80m_ibis.zip.

Randy