[IBIS-Users] SI_location / Timing_Location

From: Muranyi, Arpad <Arpad_Muranyi@mentor.com>
Date: Mon Aug 26 2013 - 09:44:15 PDT
Hello IBIS experts,

Someone asked me the question whether Si_location and Timing_Location
can have two different values because they have an IBIS file which
does that.

In attempt to answer their question, I searched the IBIS specification
for Si_location and only found this sentence on pg. 16 (in v5.1):

"Si_location and Timing_location are optional and specify where the Signal Integrity and Timing measurements are made for the component. Allowed values for either subparameter are "Die" or "Pin". The default location is at the "Pin"."

I found no other occurrences of "Si_location" or "Timing_location"
in the entire specification, i.e. their meaning, usage and purpose
are not defined.  Or am I missing something?

Going back to the original question, does it make sense to have two
different values for these two parameters?

Thanks,

Arpad