[IBIS-Users] Simulator interpretation of ibis data

From: Shravanthi Ippagunta <shravanthi.ippagunta@xilinx.com>
Date: Wed Aug 28 2013 - 05:59:20 PDT
Hi,

I would like to understand how the two tables for Rising/Falling waveforms(RW/FW)  (Terminated to GND and Terminated to VCCO/VTT) in an ibis file are interpreted by a simulator while plotting the output of an IO buffer (if the input is a pulse).

I am doing the ibis modeling here at Xilinx and there was a request to remove redundant data from the RW/FW to get a better "EYE". In the edit process, unequal data was removed from the two tables - FW to GND and FW to VTT - due to which, in my simulation, there was an overshoot/undershoot in the waveform (below is a snapshot). I would like to know how the unequal data edits translate into the bump seen.
[cid:image012.jpg@01CE9FEC.AD704F40]

Thanks,
Shravanthi