Re: [IBIS-Users] {Spam?} {Filename?} LVDS IBIS model - simulation issue

From: Andrey Babintsev <b13285@freescale.com>
Date: Wed Sep 18 2013 - 07:38:08 PDT
Re-sending with updated attachment

Hi,

I am making IBIS models for LVDS (low voltage differential signal) IO
buffer.
To model an LVDS buffer I created the following test circuit, assigned
the generated IBIS model to both buffers, set one buffer as inverted output.

*Problem:*
In the image below the YELLOW waveform is what I saw and the PURPLE
waveform is what I expected to see.

YELLOW = IBIS model
PURPLE = Spice ( reference ) model

Here is combined pullUp (yellow) and pullDown (green) IV curves
(actually it is spice curves from which IV tables were derived):

Lets assume that simulator tries to find operational point for LVDS
buffer driving high. Then for the non-inverted buffer a point (Vp, Ip)
will be taken from pullUp table, for the inverted buffer a point (Vn,
In) from pullDown table, the following conditions should be satisfied:
Ip = In, Vp - Vn = Ip*50. On the image above it is seen that there are 2
points satisfying the condition: Vp =~  1.45V and Vp =~ 2.2V. Seems that
something like that happened during simulation and simulator got to the
second point. (BTW, there are 60 points for the region 0.9 - 1.6V and 10
points for the region 1.6-2.5V in the IBIS model IV tables).

*Question:*
What can be done to resolve this situation? Should IV tables or another
IBIS structures be modified and how? I am making *ibis ver. 4.2* models.

Thanks,
Andrey