RE: [IBIS-Users] IBIS error

From: Tom Dagostino <tom@teraspeed.com>
Date: Thu Jan 16 2014 - 10:37:36 PST
Sandeep

It seems this file has an error in either the pin table, a model selector
or the Diff Pin table.  Hyperlynx has determined it cannot simulate a
differential pair when one half of that differential pair is an NC.  You
will need to look at the Diff Pin table and find the entry for B3.  B3 will
be paired with some other pin XY.  Look at the Pin Table entry for XY.
This should be the other half of the differential pair.  If it is not
change the entry in the Diff Pin table to match B3 to its correct pin.  You
will likely need the part¡¯s datasheet to determine this.

It is possible that the pin XY has a Model Selector associated with it.
The Model Selector need to point to the correct model to match the model
that B3¡¯s Model Selector also points to.  Yes, I¡¯ve seem Model Selectors
that have NC as one of the available models.

Or the Pin Table has the correct pin for the other half of B3¡¯s
differential pair but the wrong Model was assigned to B3.  Edit the model
entry, likely to match B3¡¯s entry.

Tom Dagostino

Teraspeed Labs

9999 SW Wilshire St.