RE: [IBIS-Users] RE: Error message question

From: Romero, Hernan <HRomero@ALLEGROMICRO.com>
Date: Tue Dec 02 2014 - 03:42:11 PST
Lance,

I contacted the IT people and this is their input:

If you do /usr/bin/java -version in a shell you will see that 1.7.0_71 is installed, which is only one (.) point release away from the most recent "stable" version.

Your shell environment is probably pointing to a version of java installed in the Cadence tree (because Cadence likes to use older versions of java) Be aware that change the default version of java you are using can mess up the way Cadence runs!!

You probably need the Ibis people to tell you how to (temporarily) make sure you are using the version of java that runs with their tool (Pretty sure I tried that but couldn't make it work)

You can see from this message we might need to change temporarily the java version to make the tool run, so we do not mess up with our Cadence tool.
Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Best
Hernan