RE: [IBIS-Users] Re: External Model of type series

From: Muranyi, Arpad <Arpad_Muranyi@mentor.com>
Date: Thu Dec 18 2014 - 09:29:25 PST
Shivani,

Unfortunately no.  The [Model] keyword’s I-V and V-t tables
are “replaced” by the content of the [External Model] in that
[Model].  They don’t get “added” together.  This is explained
in the IBIS v6.0 specification on the bottom of pg. 91:

The intent behind [External Model] is to provide an upgrade path from native IBIS [Model]s to the external languages (one exception to this is the support for true differential buffers). Thus, the [External Model] keyword can be used to replace the usual I-V and V-T tables, C_comp, C_comp_pullup, C_comp_pulldown, C_comp_power_clamp, C_comp_gnd_clamp subparameters, [Ramp], [Driver Schedule], [Submodel] keywords, etc. of a [Model] by any modeling technique that the external languages allow. For [External Model]s, the connectivity, test load and specification parameters (such as Vinh and Vinl) are preserved from the [Model] keyword and the simulator is expected to carry out the same type of connections and measurements as is usually done with the [Model] keyword. The only difference is that the model itself is described by an external language.

Thanks,

Arpad