Re: typ outside min,max

From: Kellee Crisafulli <kellee@hyperlynx.com>
Date: Fri Nov 14 1997 - 13:29:19 PST

Hi Chris,

At 10:35 AM 11/14/97 -0800, Chris Rokusek wrote:
>Without first de-referencing each Pullup/Pulldown and each Power
>Clamp/GND Clamp from its "Reference voltage" and then summing them
>together appropriately I don't think a check is possible. For example,
>it is possible (although perhaps not desirable) that a max and min
>Pullup curve use the same Voltage reference value (i.e. 5V) however the
>zero current crossing point on the voltage axis when looking at the raw
>curves (w/o de-referencing) differs by .5V. Or maybe the curves are
>EXACTLY the same with just different reference voltages. A single
>Pullup/Pulldown curve cannot be looked at in isolation unless the shunts
>curve currents are 0.
Chris, didn't you already write code to do the above for the new
IBIS golden parser? If so could it be re-used.

>My first impulse is that even if the curves are added appropriately I
>would expect many exceptions to occur--esp. near the 0-current crossing
>points and in the shunt regions. Possible in the middle of the
>operating range a single check might work most of the time.
I agree, this could be limited to currents greater than |100ua| (magnitude)
and it would certainly need to be a warning not an error. Also it should probably
just count the number of them and report the total number of min's or max's that
are larger/smaller than typ. This way it wouldn't show 100 entries all off by 1fA
Also the test should allow something like +-10uA around typ. as ok.

Then again this is getting rather complex.....
(keep it simple may apply) -> don't add a new test

Have a great day...
Kellee Crisafulli at HyperLynx
kellee@hyperlynx.com http://www.hyperlynx.com