Help on V/T Tables

From: Charles Hymowitz <charles@intusoft.com>
Date: Fri Oct 02 1998 - 15:01:54 PDT

To IBIS users

We are interested in implementing the V/T tables Ramp feature in the
free IBIS to SPICE converter that we have posted. Right now only the
simple dV/dT numbers are accesible from the Converter for the
resulting SPICE model. I assume that the tables are there because a
simple slew rate limiting model is not sufficient.

It seems that this is a two part problem.
1) What should the converter do with the V/T table data and
2) how can a SPICE model use the data to implement the
characteristic.

Is there any information anyone can provide me with that details how
the V/T table could be implemented in a SPICE model?

Please note that I have asked this question of a few people
and the answer I get is that it is posible using proprietary
SPICE model primitives. It seems to me the end users would benefit
greatly from a SPICE-like topology and primitive model set that
handles the V/T table feature of IBIS.

BTW There exists a public domain standard for adding C code
subroutines to SPICE as new model primitives. Its called XSPICE and
its used by 7 different SPICE vendors. C source code done in XSPICE
will run on these seven vendors SPICE programs and anyone else who
adopts XSPICE extensions to SPICE. XSPICE is from the Georgia
Institute of Technology and is freely available. XSPICE already has
an extended SPICE primitive set including 40 extra SPICE primtives
like slew rate limiter, table model, laplace model, VCOs, etc.

Is there anyone out there who can supply the subcircuit topology and
description of the required new SPICE primitives? We would gladly add
this capability to the free converter.

Charles Hymowitz - V.P. Prod. Dev.
Intusoft
email: charles@intusoft.com, CompuServe: intusoft@compuserve.com