Different reference voltages for 5v tolerant parts.

From: <rene.voshol@philips.com>
Date: Mon May 15 2000 - 02:46:18 PDT

Hello,

I have the following problem:

The IBIS spec mentions that in case of 5v tolerant parts (with Vcc=3.3V) the V/I curves should cover the
overvoltage range; -5V to 10V rather then -3.3V to 6.6V.
- [Pull-up Reference] statement in S2IBIS2 does not seem to have effect
- Since Vcc has an offset of 0.3V and the overvoltage has an offset of 0.5V the result is three different
   voltage ranges for the Pull-Up curve and the POWER clamp curve (Vtable=Vcc-Vcurve).

Hand editing and some extrapolation can fix all this but I was wondering how others deal with this problem.
BTW after editing the correct voltage range in the .spi files and running s2ibis2 again the resulting table
looks a mess; incomplete and lots of 0V values.

Kind Regards,

Rene Voshol