Re: output impedance of a driver

From: Scott McMorrow <scott@vasthorizons.com>
Date: Mon Apr 09 2001 - 09:16:01 PDT

Jason,

If the ibis model has been extracted correctly, then the Ramp data
will tell you what the saturated output impedance is.

The IBIS V/I curves give you the impedance of an output buffer
at any voltage. I usually use 1 volts as a good place to measure
impedance, since it is in the linear portion of the buffer curve.
For the pullup and pulldown curve, go to the 1V row and read
off the current. Since R=V/I, the output channel resistance can
be calculated.

For example, if at 1 Volt the current is 35mA, then the
output impedance is 28.57 ohms.

regards,

scott

--