Re: [IBIS] Bird 74

Subject: Re: [IBIS] Bird 74
From: Guy deBurgh (gdeburgh@innoveda.com)
Date: Mon Mar 25 2002 - 17:36:03 PST

Hi Pravin,

I would agree that the effect of the heatsink is dependent on the
enclosure, but not the parameter. The data I'm asking for is purely
geometric data and must be the same for all applications using the
same heatsink.
The usage (algorithm) of this data can take into account enclosure
geometry, but enclosure geometry is outside the scope of IBIS, and so
cannot be included here.
(Just as layer stackup is used in signal integrity but is not described
in IBIS.)

Guy