RE: [IBIS] Overclocking in IBIS models

Subject: RE: [IBIS] Overclocking in IBIS models
From: Ingraham, Andrew (Andrew.Ingraham@hp.com)
Date: Tue Oct 15 2002 - 05:51:44 PDT

Shee Kian Wong wrote:

> Does anyone know what is the cause of overclocking in an IBIS model and how we should deal with it?

I think we need a little more information about the problem you are having. IBIS models do not have a clock, so there is no such thing as "overclocking" in an IBIS model.

Perhaps you are seeing a problem with a particular simulator. In that case, it is really a problem with the simulator, not with IBIS.

Some simulators do not handle buffer models that are simulated with a pulsewidth that is smaller than the time interval in the V-T tables ([Rising Wafveform] and [Falling Waveform]). If that is your problem, complain to the simulator company to fix their product. One workaround is to look for wasted time in the V-T tables, so that they can be shortened.

Regards,
Andy