[IBIS] Question on IBIS Version 4.0

Subject: [IBIS] Question on IBIS Version 4.0
From: Elena Gutman (egutman@emc.com)
Date: Mon Nov 04 2002 - 05:48:35 PST

Hello,

There is a statement in the IBIS spec which is in 'Section 6',
named 'MODEL STATEMENT' on 'Keywords: [Rising Waveforms],[Falling
Waveforms]'
The sentence carries over from the first revision of the IBIS to the
latest one IBIS Version 4.0. This sentence claims that -

"The first value in the time column need not be '0'."

Could any one explain to us what it means, and let us know whether our
interpretation of this sentence or section (which is written below)
is correct or incorrect.

Our interpretation of that is very simple. According to the latest IBIS
Version 4.0,
'the data in all of the waveform tables should be time correlated,
meaning,the edge
data in each of the tables (F and R) should be entered with respect to a
single point
in time ...and so on.. '

In other words, the first line of each waveform table should start at
the same point
in time, therefore if the Rising waveform starts at 1ns, so too should
the Falling
waveform. With this comes the assumption that they can be of a value
other than '0',
but MUST, at all times, be of the same value.

In order for us to fully understand whether we are having a tool issue
or a verdor issue,
your assistance with the interpretation of the above statement in the
IBIS spec
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Elena Gutman * EMC Corporation * email: egutman@emc.com