Re: [IBIS-Users] Question about warning message

Subject: Re: [IBIS-Users] Question about warning message
From: Kim Helliwell (kimgh@apple.com)
Date: Fri Nov 15 2002 - 16:40:08 PST

The "Nonmonotonic" warnings may or may not be acceptable,
but are quite common. It depends on how serious the nonmonotonicity
is, and whether it is only in the individual curves or in the summed
curves (which is what your simulator will be using). Many simulators
will smooth out the nonmonotonic behavior they find, so it may
not be a real issue unless it's egregious.

The "extreme currents present" is less common, but still occurs
more than one would like. I personally don't find it acceptable, since
it can easily be avoided. If you're getting this, it's a good idea to
check that your simulation results are yielding expected answers.

On Friday, November 15, 2002, at 04:18 PM, Eric Hsu wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> When running ibischk3 to check ver2.1 model, if there are warning
> messages complaining about "non-monotonic"and "extreme currents
> present"
> around hundred amp level, is it possible and acceptible?
>
> Thanks
>
> ~eric
>
> |------------------------------------------------------------------
> |with just the appropriate command message(s) in the body:
> |
> | help
> | subscribe ibis <optional e-mail address, if different>
> | subscribe ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
> | unsubscribe ibis <optional e-mail address, if different>
> | unsubscribe ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
> |
> |or email a written request to ibis-request@eda.org.
> |
> |IBIS reflector archives exist under:
> |
> | http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email_archive/ Recent
> | http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/users_archive/ Recent