RE: [IBIS-Users] IBIS model driver impedance

Subject: RE: [IBIS-Users] IBIS model driver impedance
From: herbert_lage@agilent.com
Date: Fri Jan 10 2003 - 01:52:47 PST

Hi Shee Kian,

As a variation on Scott's explanation, I usually determine the impedance differentially which allows me to calculate it as a function of the buffer voltage.

To determine the impedance Z at a voltage V you can do the following:

   * Choose a voltage V1 in the tables where V1 < V, current is I1
   * Choose a voltage V2 in the tables where V2 > V, current is I2

   * Then calculate Z(V) = (V2 - V1) / (I2 - I1)

This can be easily done if you import the IBIS file into a spreadsheet. If the voltages you are interested in are below Gnd or higher than Vcc, you may have to add the Power/Gnd clamp tables to the Pullup/Pulldown tables.

Best Regards,

   Herbert.