RE: [IBIS-Users] C-Comp

Subject: RE: [IBIS-Users] C-Comp
From: Muranyi, Arpad (arpad.muranyi@intel.com)
Date: Mon Jul 21 2003 - 14:08:14 PDT

Anshuli,

The Vt curves include the effect of C_comp, but it needs to be
compensated out if there is an extra capacitance in the IBIS model
to account for C_comp. However, the C_comp capacitor must be
there so that when you look into the buffer you would see that
capacitance. The fact that the Vt curve has the effect of
C_comp does not mean that looking into the buffer you see that
capacitance, it only means that the curve is slower than it would
be without the capacitive effects.

In short, the C_comp is there to make the capacitive effects visible
to the rest of the circuit, but the compensation inside the buffer
is done to avoid double counting for it in the shape of the waveforms.

Arpad