RE: [IBIS-Users] IBIS Model Verification

From: Lynne Green <lgreen22@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu Jul 01 2004 - 16:18:24 PDT

Hello, Lee,

1) For checking IBIS against SPICE, there is a method and a FOM (figure of
merit) documented on the IBIS Quality checklist and document.
The link is http://www.sisoft.com/ibis-quality/

2) IBIS files should pass the IBIS parser and be tested in at least one SI
simulator; it sounds like you are already at this point. Additionally, one
could check the file against the IBIS Quality checklist.

3) Most users expect the models to predict SI performance into a range of
loads (transmission lines with and without termination). Also important is
the use of V-t tables to describe internal buffer delays and any asymmetry
in rise/fall driver characteristics.

As a semiconductor model maker, you might be interested in submitting a file
to the IBIS Review Committee. This committee represents a number of EDA
tool makers.
The link is http://www.eigroup.org/ibis/support.htm

Best regards,
Lynne

"IBIS training when you need it, where you need it."

Dr. Lynne Green
Green Streak Programs
http://www.greenstreakprograms.com
425-788-0412