RE: [IBIS-Users] RE: on-die termination

From: Michael Sachtjen <walldrug1316mi@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon Feb 14 2005 - 16:19:06 PST

Rather you use a discrete resistor value (Rgnd,
Rpower) or include it in the IV clamps largely depends
on if the termination is linear, and if it can be
removed or turned off when you're characterizing the
rest of the buffer. If so, keep it simple, go with
the discrete. If not, you may need it to be included
in the clamp curves to be accurate.