[IBIS-Users] Pin Notation

From: NG,MEI-YEE <mei-yee.ng_at_.....>
Date: Tue Nov 28 2006 - 01:22:08 PST
Hi IBIS experts,

I would like to seek for advice regarding the following matter:

I have an I/O open drain PAD with the following pins:

*	SIGNAME - PAD terminal
*	IN - Tied to GROUND when PAD works as OUTPUT
*	TRI - Set to HIGH when PAD works as INPUT; Data enters here when
PAD works as OUTPUT
*	OUT - Data exits here when PAD works as INPUT

As you can see, I have a confusion entering the above data in .s2i. The
TRI pin should be tied to HIGH when PAD is simulated as input, so it
works as an ENABLE pin. However, in OUTPUT mode, TRI works as an input
port. On the other hand, to work as OUTPUT pad, IN has to be tied to
GROUND, which makes IN as enable pin as well. If I enter the pin list as
such:

SIGNAME SIGNAME SIGNAME output

--> TRI IN

Then when s2ibis3 simulates the Input performance, how do I get it to
tie TRI to HIGH? Or do I need to simulate the output and input in
separate .s2i files and combine the .ibs manually?

Appreciate your advice.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Mei Yee Ng