Re: [IBIS-Users] IBISCHK4 WARNING mesage

From: Bob Ross <bob_at_.....>
Date: Sun Mar 18 2007 - 22:55:51 PDT
Hi: YYLau

I am not aware of any EDA tool that has problems supporting
[Gnd Clamp] data not intersecting zero current.  A few
micovolts/amps or millivolts/amps is also acceptable and exists in
certain technologies supported by IBIS.

However, this check was added because a number of models were
issued with very suspicious (wrong) clamp data extractions.
So the Warning in this case is for model developer and model
user visibility.  In other cases, it could be helpful in identifying
an on-die termination that was described in the wrong table and
referenced to the wrong voltage.

If the data is correct, I suggest documenting in a [Notes] section
that the data is correct because ....

However, as a general statement, there is no requirement in IBIS
that any clamp tables crosses zero, and most tools should support
accurate simulations with any reasonable clamp table.

Bob

--
Bob Ross
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC     Teraspeed Labs

Teraspeed is a registered service mark of Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC