Re: [IBIS-Users] RE: [IBIS] C_comp Max < C_comp Min

From: Bob Ross <bob@teraspeed.com>
Date: Mon Sep 27 2010 - 18:17:11 PDT

All:

The reasons for why we decided at that time to specify
C_comp by numerical value are well stated, and they
are quite valid. But the decision created a consistency
mistake because we did not specify buffer values completely
for direct corner correlation.

I would favor just addressing only the C_comp issue. A
simpler alternate proposal would be to introduce a new model
sub-parameter such as "C_comp_corner" that specifies the value
to be used for the corresponding corner. That would fit in
with existing IBIS.

We could establish rules such as

    C_comp is always required for full range
       which could be outside the corner range for
       buffer tolerance design and also to provide a
       guarenteed support path for all existing tools.

    C_comp_corner is optional for picking a corner value
       for direct corner correlation.

Or we could require one or the other.

Bob

--
Bob Ross
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC     Teraspeed Labs