Re: Questions of Polarity and Enable

From: Scott Schlachter <scotts@actel.com>
Date: Mon Dec 09 1996 - 07:20:40 PST

Good morning IBIS world,

The nessessity of having Enable and Polarity specified for the s2ibis
utilities is clear to me. However, I too was wondering why they are
required in the specs. It almost seems like unnesessary data to
require to be listed for all of the types of pins. It SHOULD be required
to specify the enable pin, IF the enable for an I/O is an external pin
itself; such with, it should also have its (the enable pin's) polarity
specified. But, if the enable is only available internally, why specify
it? And, if it is not specifically an external enable pin, why does the
pin's polarity matter to the simulation tools? Thanks,

-Scott Schlachter Actel Corporation
 scotts@actel.com Sunnyvale, CA