Re: IBIS tools

From: Kellee Crisafulli <kellee@hyperlynx.com>
Date: Fri Oct 24 1997 - 11:27:53 PDT

Hi Andy,
At 11:37 AM 10/24/97 EDT, Andrew Ingraham wrote:
>> The few IBIS tools available are completely different and incompatible with
>> SPICE files. I therefore want to continue using SPICE, but run into a
>> problem at times if I can only get IBIS models.
>> Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

It seems to me the big problem is the very poor support a few of the spice
vendors have provided for IBIS. The SPICE vendors could easily provide
an IBIS model as a native model in their tool. I feel you should work on your
SPICE vendor to provide better IBIS support. It should be easier for them
to provide support for IBIS directly than to support a single complex transistor
behavior model like SPICE does now.

  To summarize: The solution I feel you should be pushing for is to get your
simulator vendor to improve their IBIS support. The majority of the simulator
companies that focus on signal integrity tools have excellent support for IBIS.
Two SPICE companies need to catch up.

Live long and prosper ...
Kellee Crisafulli at HyperLynx
kellee@hyperlynx.com http://www.hyperlynx.com