Re: Technology Models vs. full IBIS models

From: Bob Ross <bob_ross@mentorg.com>
Date: Tue Oct 26 1999 - 11:53:35 PDT

Hello:

In my opinion your best approach is to develop/obtain the actual
IBIS models. Real buffers may differ significantly from generic
technology model buffers. In some cases the differences occur
in parts or buffers from the same family of a manufacturer.

Regarding benchmarking major tools, this is a topic for the
Signal Integrity Reflector. The IBIS reflector is not used
for Vendor Tool comparisons or business issues by EIA rules
and by the fact that the EIA IBIS Open Forum is funded by
many vendors.

Best Regards,
Bob Ross
Mentor Graphics