comparing IBIS model simulation and measurements

From: Betty Luk <Betty@genesis-microchip.com>
Date: Mon Nov 27 2000 - 12:15:30 PST

Hi,

I've created an IBIS model, and I'm using it with HyperLynx BoardSim. These
results correlate well with Spice simulations, which leads me to believe
that the IBIS model was created correctly from the Spice model. On the net
that I'm simulating, I'm using some Samsung IBIS models, and some passive
components.

Now I'm trying to compare the HyperLynx simulation with measurements. I'm
noticing that my simulation has a significantly faster slew rate than my
measurements. I've checked my scope probe, and they should have negligible
effect on my measurements. Is this most likely a deficiency with my
original Spice model?

I would appreciate any feedback!

Thanks,
Betty Luk