RE: Package Parasitics

From: Nelson, Kerry <kerry.nelson@intel.com>
Date: Wed Apr 25 2001 - 09:08:55 PDT

In addition to other reasons...

We have often found this section of the IBIS model to be inadequate in
describing our CPU and chipset packages. For example, there is no way to
include a transmission line element of any sort. We usually use a Package
Model or an Electrical Board Description (EBD) to more accurately describe
the package. (Both are part of the IBIS specification.) In those cases we
will set R_pkg, L_pkg, and C_pkg to zero.

I hope that helps.
Kerry
Intel Corp.