Re: Package Parasitics

From: Hailong Wang <hlwang@avanticorp.com>
Date: Wed May 30 2001 - 23:59:05 PDT

Hi,
    I know that PKG and EBD are part of the IBIS specification, but I don't
know the relation between the .EBD and .IBS file and how to use the .EBD file.
Thanks in advance.

"Nelson, Kerry" wrote:

> In addition to other reasons...
>
> We have often found this section of the IBIS model to be inadequate in
> describing our CPU and chipset packages. For example, there is no way to
> include a transmission line element of any sort. We usually use a Package
> Model or an Electrical Board Description (EBD) to more accurately describe
> the package. (Both are part of the IBIS specification.) In those cases we
> will set R_pkg, L_pkg, and C_pkg to zero.
>
> I hope that helps.
> Kerry
> Intel Corp.

Best Regards.
Hai-long Wang
Tel:021-62837026x228
Avant! Shanghai R&D Center,  16th Floor, SunTong InfoPort Plaza
No.55, West Huaihai Road, Shanghai, 200030, P.R.China