Re: rising/falling waveform granularity

From: Mike LaBonte <mike@labonte.com>
Date: Wed Jan 31 2001 - 12:58:46 PST

Stephen,

The public s2ibis2 code always resamples the simulated waveforms down
to 51 points. It does this because the typical, minimum, and maximum
curves in the IBIS file have to share the same set of time points,
even though the 3 simulated waveforms may not have the same set of
time points. It is a mystery to me how the number 51 was chosen,
although I have been conversing with the author, Alan Glaser.

I have a version of s2ibis2 with some fixes, including the ability to
output waveforms with any number of points (98 by default). If you are
interested I can send this to you. We have used it for our IBIS model
making. I was going to make more improvements in the waveform point
picking algorithm before posting it publicly, but things got busy and
it may be a while before I revisit this.

Mike LaBonte