Automatically converting SPICE models to IBIS format.

From: <mbs@eos.ncsu.edu>
Date: Mon Dec 06 1993 - 10:37:25 PST

Kellee Crisafulli, HyperLynx, writes

>A program could be written which could
>take a spice model and assemble it into a new spice deck which allows the
>model to generate V/I data, measure capacitance, slew times etc. from
>within spice. Another program could than translate the output data into an
>IBIS file.

We are are being funded by ARPA to develop just such a translation program.
We also plan to use laboratory measurements (in particular large
signal TDR/TDT) to develop IBIS models.

We begin work on the project on January 1, 1994. The work was initially
suggested by C. Kumar of Cadence.

A detailed plan and schedule will be available at the end of December.

Michael Steer
North Caraolina State University
mbs@ncsu.edu