Re: Question on the Sweep range

From: Hobbs, Will <Will_Hobbs@ccm2.jf.intel.com>
Date: Mon Jun 27 1994 - 11:50:52 PDT

Scott,

The soon-to-be-released IBIS Modeling Cookbook says the following:

Note: The IBIS specification calls for the pullup and power clamp diode I-V data
to be referenced to VCC. To put the data into a table format properly, adjust
the sweep voltage along with VCC. For example, the sweep voltage for a 5V part
under typical conditions would range from -5V to +10V. For minimum conditions,
where the VCC was adjusted to 4.75V, the sweep voltage would also have to be
adjusted -0.25V (i.e., sweep from -5.25v to +9.75v). Likewise, for maximum
conditions, adjust the sweep voltage positive along with the VCC.

Will Hobbs
Intel Corp.

After reading all the ibis specs that are available to me, I can not find this
answer anywhere.

For the voltage ranges, version 1.1 and 2.0 specs state:

2) Voltage Ranges:
| Points for each curve must span the voltages listed below:
|
| Curve Low Voltage High Voltage
| ----------- ----------- ------------
| [Pulldown] GND - POWER POWER + POWER
| [Pullup] GND - POWER POWER + POWER
| [GND Clamp] GND - POWER GND + POWER
| [POWER Clamp] POWER POWER + POWER

Now the question I have is this. When you are sweeping on the non-typical
voltage, what is the range. Meaning, if you have a 5 volt power supply,
with a minimum voltage of 4.5 volts. Does you sweep for the pullup now go from
-4.5 volts to 9 volts? or from -5 to 5 as before?

Thanks in advance,

Scott Aron Bloom
InterConnectiX, Inc.