Re: Re[2]: GND Plane Bounce Question

From: Frank Yuan <uunet!qdt.com!fyuan@uunet.uu.net>
Date: Tue Aug 22 1995 - 19:52:01 PDT

Samie,

I agree with your assesment. Also, if you only care about the bounce
during the first few 100 ps's of the transient around the via, I have
the following numbers you might be interested. 2 - 3 inch away from the
via, the bounces are about 1.0 mV, 1.5 mV and 2.0 mV at 100 ps, 200 ps,
and 400 ps, respectively. 5 - 6 inch away from the via, they are 0.1 mV,
0.4 mV and 1.0 mV, respectively, and about 10 inch away, the bounce is less
than 0.1 mV at 400 ps. (all assuming 10 mA current).

I will also send you some information about our power/ground simulation tool
later (the tool is still under development and has not been released jet).

Regards,

Frank