[uunet!icx.com!bob: Re: IBIS EGG9 - Stored Charge]

From: Jon Powell <jonp@qdt.com>
Date: Mon Dec 11 1995 - 14:32:33 PST

bob asked me to forward this to the repeater

Date: Mon, 11 Dec 95 12:56 PST
From: uunet!icx.com!bob ( Bob Ross)
To: uunet!uunet!qdt.com!jonp
Subject: Re: IBIS EGG9 - Stored Charge

Jon:

Since the IBIS table for a diode will contain Rs, we then need to be concerned
about how large the Rs is before the differences become significant. I have
assumed that Rs itself has a negligible effect for the region of operation.
However, the topology of the IBIS model is not exactly that of a Spice model,
so I would expect some difference. Can you characterize how large the
difference is or what the different effects are?

Also, my intent was to create a current dependent capacitance model where
the current is better defined than the voltage.

Bob Ross
Interconnectix, Inc.