Re: To Many Hops >> IBIS Reflector

From: Randolph E. <rharr@arpa.mil>
Date: Fri Feb 10 1995 - 16:18:16 PST

My apologies to your group for this lack of service. I have experienced
the same long delay in getting my name removed from the list. I have
turned over ibis-request and ibis-owner to Derrick -- these messages will
go to him until he designates a different owner / caretaker.

Derrick -- you can telnet to the machine using your account and edit the
files using EMACS, VI or ED. If this is a problem, you can either create
8.3 character name aliases for each file or FTP them onto your PC for
editing and then FTP them back.

I have removed all the listed "problem" names below (as well as my own as I
unfortunately do not have the time to even skip all the messages of your
very active group!). Please accept my apologies and let me know if you
continue to have problems. I will be glad to setup group admin accounts
for anyone Derrick or Will designate.

| Randolph E. (Randy) Harr (off) (703) 696-0085 |
| ARPA/ESTO, 3701 N. Fairfax Drive (fax) (703) 696-2203 |
| "Research Run", Arlington, VA 22203-1714 rharr@arpa.mil |

> Stephen,
>
> Yes, I know. I get them on every message I send out. It is very
>annoying. I
> have forwarded many requests to ibis-request to have these names removed from
> the reflector list, but the list has not been changed and we are still
>getting
> the messages. I would edit the file if I could, but it's a >8 character UNIX
> filename so I can only read it with my DOS/Windows machine.
>
> Invalid Addresses:
> kerryp@arnie.xilinx.com
> canyimi@pcocd2.intel.com
> jeff@deutsch.com
> dermott@contec.com
> maah@contec.com
>
> - Derrick

| Randolph E. (Randy) Harr |
| randy.harr@vhdl.org, rharr@mojave.stanford.edu. (415) 725-3639 |
| |
| NEW ADDRESS AFTER 1 FEB: |
| ARPA/ESTO, 3701 Fairfax Drive, Arlington, VA 22203-1714 |
| (703) 696-0085 (off), (703) 696-2203 (fax), rharr@arpa.mil |