thoughts about IBIS users group

From: Greg Edlund <gre@scintl.com>
Date: Tue Feb 28 1995 - 13:00:19 PST

I like the idea of an IBIS users group. My personal
preference is for a mailing list such as this. I have
found that news groups often get cluttered with postings
that aren't relevant. I think this can detract from the
professional nature of the group and maybe even scare
a potential new user away because his or her first
impression is that of a bunch of people with time to
kill instead of a serious group. It's kind of like
Nature magazine publishing an article by some guy whose
research just proved that the earth is really a cube.
In a short while, people would cancel their subscriptions.
Call me an elitist -- it's just my 2 cents.

--
Greg Edlund                +----+----+
Circuits and Modeling      |    |    |